THE PROFESSIONAL STUDY GROUP (PSG) PROGRAMME
The PSG Programme includes meetings that focus on English, Maths, Primary Science, Promoting Positive Behaviour, EYFS and E-learning to name but a few. The PSG programme varies each year as our Teaching School strives to focus on current school concerns and maintain an offer which has a breadth of curriculum focus.
The PSG Programme has a number of purposes which include:
- To network and share ideas
- To improve classroom practice
- To raise the quality of learning
- To support staff ‘on the frontline
- To develop new skills and ideas
- To find out about new initiatives
- To develop outstanding subject knowledge in a supportive environment
- To develop exciting learning opportunities and build innovation
- To develop quality and effective assessment
- To raise awareness/appreciation of work undertaken in other phases
- To input to the personal development of colleagues – sharing projects/resources
- To share good/excellent practice and resources
Meetings are led by very experienced and highly regarded teachers many of whom are Specialist Leaders of Education.
Schools have the opportunity to subscribe to the programme annually, enabling them to send as many staff as they wish to as many meetings.