RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
The Teaching Schools National Network presents key opportunities for the BEST Teaching School (CBTSP) to collaborate and learn from and with other teaching school alliances at both regional and national level.
A feature of the CBTSP Action Plan is to work with our strategic partners to develop and sustain expertise, remaining at the forefront of practice to pioneer and evaluate new approaches through a variety of CPD opportunities which will enhance pupil learning and school performance both locally and nationally. For example, Middle Leaders work on school improvement action research projects.
CBTSP have been involved in research projects including work on: Closing the Gap, lesson study and Women in Senior Leadership.
Research and Development Team
Central Bedfordshire Teaching School Partnership [CBTSP] and The Acorn Teaching School are looking to recruit a team of colleagues from all phases to undertake research projects in conjunction with the National College when the opportunities become available.
The members of this team will be deployed, by agreement, to undertake specific research projects where they will use their practical understanding of practitioner research in the specific project. The capacity for the research activity will be provided from the financial resources of the successful individual bid.
Team will members will provide evidence of:
- An MEd or an MA (with at least 60 credits for the dissertation)
- An understanding of working as a practitioner researcher
- Framing research question
- Review of relevant Literature
- Research methodology and methods of data collection
- Data analysis and evaluation
- Identification of conclusions and further questions / recommendations
- Current or recent teaching experience in any phase
- An understanding of the current issues in education
- A commitment and ability to the dissemination of the findingsto all interested parties to make a difference to student outcomes
- The capacity to undertake this work and the support of your school (if appropriate)
If you are interested in becoming part of this team please complete contact Sharon Jeffs by email on email@example.com