The BEST Teaching School (CBTSP) regularly offers structured programmes from the OLEVI portfolio.
THE IMPROVING TEACHER PROGRAMME (ITP)
The ITP is a NCLS endorsed programme that provides teachers rated as “satisfactory” with a set of skills and strategies to enable them to become consistently good. The programme is ideally suited to teachers who have the potential to deliver consistently good lessons.
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop a common language to discuss teaching and learning
- To deepen the understanding of key aspects of good teaching and learning
- To understand how to consistently deliver these in practice
- To raise the performance in the classroom, by encouraging more thorough planning which challenges and engages every pupil in the lesson.
The programme consists of: six days at Robert Bloomfield Academy, which is Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’. It involves participants completing a Skills Audit, Learning Walks, Lesson Observations, as well as sessions on starters and plenaries, assessment, questioning and differentiation. During these sessions a variety of approaches will be used and post sessional challenges set. These will enable participants to consolidate ideas from the session and apply them to their own context.
The programme is NOT subject specific; the focus is on generic skills which can be applied to different contexts.
The programme is facilitated by two very experienced members of staff, both of whom have been trained and accredited by OLEVI to provide the training.
THE OUTSTANDING TEACHER PROGRAMME (OTP)
Designed and facilitated by experienced school leaders and teachers, the Outstanding Teacher Programme gives good (and outstanding) teachers a set of high level skills and strategies that enable them to become consistently and sustainably outstanding.
The aims of the programme are:
- To demonstrate a higher level understanding of teaching and improve learning for their pupils
- To coach colleagues and pupils in their own and other schools to raise performance levels
- To create a proactive school culture where the quality of teaching and learning is openly observed, discussed, challenged and enhanced
- To increase the ‘job’ satisfaction and create opportunities for further leadership and career progression
This programme consists of: 2 full days, 5 half days and 3 in school practice days.
THE OUTSTANDING TEACHING ASSISTANT PROGRAMME (OTAP)
The Outstanding Teaching Assistant Programme is for teaching assistants who are, or who have the potential to be, outstanding in their roles. It is intended to develop the potential for Teaching Assistants to have a wider impact on improving the quality of teaching and learning across the school.
Participants will feel inspired and motivated to take their learning back into their schools, to make an immediate impact in their own practice, with the pupils they support, their SEN colleagues and the wider teaching staff.
OTAP enables Teaching Assistants to:
- Place a greater emphasis on the purpose and value of the lessons they support
- Raise levels of engagement and achievement in learning
- Use different methods and styles of support to challenge learners
- Innovate and take risks
- Have a bigger impact on the planning and assessment for the learners they support
- Demonstrate a higher level understanding of teaching and learning
- Be able to coach colleagues to raise performance
- The programme focuses on a range of aspects of teaching and learning such as challenge, engagement, assessments, differentiation, questioning and planning. There are facilitated practical sessions and lesson observations at the host school, with linked practical tasks for the participant’s to apply what they have learned back in their own schools.
This programme consists of 5 half day sessions.
For further information about any of the OLEVI programmes contact Sharon Jeffs on email@example.com